Muncy Homes was founded in 1973 in the stable and skilled labor environment of North Central Pennsylvania. We are recognized as an industry leader of quality modular housing at competitive pricing and sales of over 500 houses annually.
Our products are marketed through an independent builder network in 13 Northeastern states. A large selection of well designed floor plans are offered from basic traditional ranches to elegant two story colonials. Also, customized plans can be engineered and developed to precisely meet the buyers needs. We invite discriminating builders to consider the opportunity to increase their income earning capacity by joining our loyal team of builders / developers. Act today, so you can profit tomorrow!
What is a modular home?
Quite simply, modular construction is the building of a home in separate sections, within a controlled environment of a factory, protected from the weather. Muncy Homes modular homes are built in programmed stages from flooring to finished product. Floor treatments, framing, insulation, drywall, roofing, windows, siding, cabinetry, plumbing, and lighting fixtures are installed and completed by craftsmen utilizing state of the art production technology. The home is then shipped, approximately 90% completed, to the building site and assembled on a foundation. Only minimal site construction is necessary, such as the foundation, modular set-up, securing the roof, and connection of various utilities.
Modular housing offers many advantages over traditional building techniques. One of the most important advantages is the high level of quality assured by modular construction. The precision construction and effective process control during factory construction results in a better built home.
- The overall efficiency of modular construction results in tremendous cost savings.
- Overall building time is reduced by concurrent site work and home construction. This also allows for reduced interest on construction financing
- Our Skilled work force has years of experience in the building industry and works year round within our facilities.
- Environmentally conscious by utilizing engineered construction materials through effective recycling.
- Modular construction reduces the possibilities of cost over-runs.
There are many factors that contribute to the overall quality of a Muncy Homes home.
- Since construction takes place in a controlled environment, building materials are stored inside and are not exposed to the harmful effects of weather or vandalism.
- Each Muncy Homes home is built with quality brand name products from such reputable manufacturers as Congoleum, Aristokraft, Anderson, Delta, Certainteed, Owens Corning, General Elecric and more.
- With construction performed in our factory, Muncy Homes offers a greater potential for quality through standardization procedures and factory based inspections.
What famous name brands do you use?
Click here to see which brands we use
How much does a modular home cost?
The cost depends on style, size of the house, options selected by you and the area that you live in. In many cases modular homes even cost less to build than a stick built home.
Can you build my custom dream home?
Yes, approximately 80% of our homes are actually custom built to the homeowners design.
What kind of warranties come with my new home?
All of our homes come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty against defects. Additionally, some brand name products carry their own warranty which may be longer than the manufacturers warranty. For example windows, shingles and cabinets have longer warranties.
Where can I see a Muncy Homes model home?
In many market areas, builders have model homes for you to tour. Contact us to locate a builder in your area.
Where can I find a builder for a Muncy Homes home in my area?
Give us a call or fill out and submit our contact us web page so we may contact you with current builders in your area. The Builder / Developer is an independent businessman, NOT an agent of Muncy Homes
I have the land, who is responsible for getting the land prepared for a home?
The builder is ultimately responsible for site work which may include well, septic, excavation, foundation, driveway, etc.
Once I've decided to purchase a home, how long does the process take?
The process takes approximately 4-6 weeks after we receive the order for the home until the delivery of the home to the site. The move in date depends on the Builder / Developer, in how quickly the remainder of the work gets completed after the home is delivered.
How do I finance a Muncy Homes home?
The process is the same as a stick built home. Mortgage companies treat modular homes the same as stick built homes.